Monday, August 22, 2011

permy circle...


this weekend
at the first south east bioregion permaculture convergence

 lucky for me, I'm obscured behind other folk on the left....
photo from geoff griggs....

lovely folk, 
good energy, 
inspiring ideas, 
terrific food!

On Saturday after food we listened to David Holmgren
I am utterly convinced that history will recognise David
as one of the most inspired thinkers of our age
(welllll - this is already occurring...)

It's not every day I get to meet someone whose words
I have read and contemplated over an extended period....

It took me until Sunday morning and the book launch of
'Permaculture Pioneers'
to slide up next to David and say 'howdy'

(he's enormously approachable, devoid of ego and all that - I'm just very shy)


This morning, quite coincidentally, I noticed a marvelous post
by the good peeps of Milkwood Permaculture
that included SPIFTACULAR images from

(from the 'lexicon webby site -
"The Lexicon project is based on a simple premise: people can’t be expected to live more sustainable lives
if they don’t even know the most basic terms and principles that define sustainability.")

the images/graphics and info from the project is simply brill!
now everyone can know in a single glance the basic meaning of all those weird terms like
'backyard pollinators', 'good food revolution', 'CSA', 'soil food web'
and
'PERMACULTURE'


wheeeeee!

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx