Friday, December 3, 2010

orbis floris (world flower II)...

I was rushing around sooooo much this morning - trying desperately to get a booky piece finished (just enough) to manage a photo or two to add with the entry form to the SCU aquisitive book art award


I'm sure I noticed steam emerging from the paste brush.... such was my rush...

it's not COMPLETELY finished (yet) - but here's what I managed to get into a piccie to send off to SCU.....



it's another circular coptic bound 'orbis floris' (world flower II) - made from more of those collected atlases..... presented in a hinged box - not finished yet (shhhhhh don't tell anyone)  at least I managed to get the interior done! (phew!) and I could slip the whirly book inside for a photo opportunity

Fingers crossed that Australia Post breaks all sorts of land speed records and manages to deliver my express post to Lismore by Monday.......

yeah I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope either........ (one of these days I'm going to have things done well ahead of deadlines!)




....

6 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you - it looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful book - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, elegant, beautiful!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy DOILIES!! (shudder)
    But, the box and book look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haa haa haaa - yes I can imagine that you would be a bit afeared of the dreaded doily CS!!!! - indeed you might remember the map/network/doily piece that's now the lid lining of this box from a few years ago at churchill.......

    ahhhhhhh the dreaded doily rides again!

    I'm not sure if my entry form will make it to lismore before the monday deadline (story of my life....more mail deadlines are missed than hit) but I'll wheel this piece out at my mini solo show in february if I miss at SCU (thanks everyone fro the kind words....I'll post some more pics when the piece is fully finished)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely book Ronnie - presented so well - they fit together perfectly. Hopefully the entry made it up to Lismore in time...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx