Sunday, September 6, 2009

more frustration...

Its been another frustrating week without a modem and working internet (so I'm off 'borrowing' a connection again...thanks oh daddy of mine)


I was expecting to be heading to Sydney this past weekend to attend a marbling workshop with Joan Ajala... but poor Joan had an accident that has caused the workshop to be postponed – bummer! I had visions of creating a stockpile of wonderful marbled papers to use in my various arty projects (including the book-art-object project I've committed myself to).... but it's just not to be.


Many years ago as part of the requirement for my Diploma of Western Calligraphy I was fortunate to spend a week learning marbling and paste paper techniques with the extremely incredible Margo Snape. Margo single-handedly revived the skill of Turkish watercolour marbling in this country (and in the process became internationally regarded). She is also a guild member and life member of the ASC (she has been there from the very beginning – goodness but she is simply a living treasure – and such a funny funny lady!). It was one of the last times she lead workshops in the craft as glaucoma was gradually robbing her sight. I still have a few precious bits of paper left in my drawers as a reminder of that fabulous week...









Ahhh well – I'm consoling myself with the recent arrival of a parcel of delicious coloured and waxed linen thread that I've received from Bibiani....





the mind is ticking over with the possibilities already...


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx