Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the day after news years day...


New Years's Day
(between milking times)
we dropped by a local beach ...


ooo what a glorious summer beach day it was! 


on a beautiful beach, watching delighted kidlets catch waves, 
its easy to feel gratitude for all the good things in our lives


With a renewed sense of energy and enthusiasm,
I popped into the studio to create a small journal.
 Rather than make it with blank pages
(which, let's be frank, can be mighty intimidating) 
I rummaged through my paper drawers for odd bits of used paper and ephemera...


old bits of my work (that didn't quite 'work' if you know what I mean)
maps, fold outs, gleaned pages, grubby paper...

from these I cut up pages and had fun making arrangements...


which I bound into a small fat book


inside...





not quite empty pages waiting for work

and some rather full pages waiting for 'modification'...





my intention is to create a small drawing/collage/note inside the journal each day for 2013
not necessarily a page a day -- but 'something' added daily

as its a little project just for me 
just for fun
for distraction
for release and relief from 
the solid research & artiness I'm facing in the days/months ahead
 I'm not sure yet how much (if anything) I will post here from the unfolding project
(but you never know!) 

oooo I think this will be acres of fun 
for an overly-stressed creek arteest


I hope your new year also brings you acres of fun & all the good things

xxx






11 comments:

  1. sooooo beach jealous! the book looks delicious. here's to more art and less stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that sunshine and golden water does look lovely tho as a wrinkly sunbather of old, all i could think of was sunburn.
    love love love your 2013 journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I adore your book, what a great idea. Nice blog :-)
    I came here from 'amonthof'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beach shot, looks wonderful. And I absolutely love your little fat journal! As Aimee says, it really is delicious! I hope we occasionally see what you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet book. i especially love the page with the topography

    happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that beach Ronnie! Memories of south-coast days!

    Your book project is so wonderful... love the pages... that anticipation of discovering what each one will inspire! The binding is seriously from one who knows what they are doing! Wow!
    xo
    I think 2013 is going to be full of arty greatness down there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!
    So glad I dropped in.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful bookspace to put all your interesting left over bits Ronnie & love the beach photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your book - how it already has a 'personality'. I hope you do end up giving us some glimpses into it over the next twelve months...
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx