Thursday, September 25, 2008

meroogal exhibition

Today I found out that my work 'My mother's hand's are still/unstill' (posted a bit ago here) was chosen for the full tour of the Meroogal Award...

I didn't say much when I posted the work originally - it is actually a sewn picture of my mother's hands (of course). The theme for the Meroogal this year was 'celebrating the everyday things that women do'..... earlier this year my mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I'd rather not give a huge explanation of the work - I think that those two bits of info are enough eh?

The work will now tour to:
Spiral Gallery 3-22 Oct
The Mint 28 Oct - 26 Jan 2009
Goulburn Regional Art Gallery - 30 Jan - 1 March
Tuggeranong Arts Centre - 6-29 March

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx