Saturday, March 5, 2011

boating...

Up at 4.30am to drive over to Bermagui

I launched my collection of origami encyclopaedia boats in a little waterway at low tide...

go forth my little boats..... 

 

discover new country....


but the flotilla seemed more comfortable hugging the shore...


 maybe the very big boats made them nervous....


 some simply could not cope with the pressure and rapidly sank to the bottom...



in a couple of hours time we are returning to the little waterway with the prawning net
and the kids and I will gather the fleet together
bring it home and compost the remains...

for now the odd bystander may or may not notice the collection 
bobbing up and down, listing, 
dashing themselves against the rocks,
sinking...


(hmmmm... surprisingly like me really!)



**update**
we're all cleaned up now
(I KNEW there was a reason for having kiddies - my own private slave labour force!
they had a blast climbing over the rocks, finding and collecting the spent paper boats)



....

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely photos Ronnie. I can't believe you are managing to blog while its happening! Good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely, whimsical and yet meaningful/purposeful installation. The photos are amazing and the cloud reflections almost magical.

    I hope you rest well tonight and that the ephemeral conversation is stimulating! I'm sure you'll be a huge hit! Go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Rhonda, and a very pleasant contemplative exercise. Glad the children cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx