Friday, November 25, 2011

an art gesture a day (aagad!) - day twenty five...


Oh goodness - exactly one month to Christmas!

time to get making my Christmas cards!


 







** I've been making my own Christmas Cards since I was a teenager and over the years a funny set of guidelines has emerged --- cards must be inexpensive, quick and easy to execute, they must essentially be handmade - even if they involve some mechanical processes, they need to reflect something happening in my studio or life from the past year (like the major motifs or materials from my practice that year, or some BIG event....) 


Today I'm making my 50+  handmade cards - each one a little bit different to the others - so each one of my friends will receive something individual - made with my little hands - made with heart .... 



I'll share the final design AFTER I've finished the bunch and posted them out to my lovely mates.....







.....

1 comment:

  1. good for you! my good intentions never last, i buy mine. sad. pathetic.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx