Sunday, July 24, 2011

and another thing....


Now that I've shared my thoughts about air travel and artyness (as it humbly applies to one small creek girl)... it's time for me to get back to the business of preparing for my time at BBWF...



Three days is a very short stint to be an artist-in-residence, it's really not conducive to making new work FROM the new site or ABOUT the new site... and the combined time/budget/site/available resources is determining exactly what I might be able to undertake. With the festival director's blessing I'm planning to set up a series of ephemeral booky/site works - primarily based on works that I've done in the past (hey - that's the reason I've been invited after all!). Later in the week I'm loading up the wagon with some of my book collection (I'd need at least one semi-trailer to take ALL of my book collection!) - these will be joined by books collected by the lovely peeps at Collins Booksellers in Byron Bay (I can't wait to see what treasures may be lurking in that promised box of discarded books...) All these books will make intermittent changing appearances both onsite at the festival - and in and around town. Most of my ephemeral works will be very much under the radar ... and set up before I hope most people will be up and about in Byron Bay....

While I'm onsite I'm planning to be publicly working on my current booky project (and if I'm really lucky I might be able to sit in on a couple of very enticing sessions on the festival program.... fingers crossed!). I'm also planning to do a spot of mobile blogging (I have to work out how to do that from my phone mind you.... but if my dear ole daddio can do it, surely I can!).

And finally, I'm also hoping to make some ephemeral bits and bobs with young folk (the Thursday before the festival kicks into high gear is devoted to schools - I'm told to expect a few thousand eager little munchkins..... I think I've figured out something that a few thousand little hands can be kept busy with.... fingers crossed!).

Mostly I'm planning to take a range of 'stuff' and to keep my mind and eyes open so that I can change direction mid-stream and go with the flow and theme of the festival.....

(fingers crossed!)


corr I can 'feel the passion' already (although perhaps that's just me contemplating warmer northern weather.... fingers crossed!)

.....

1 comment:

  1. What a massive effort Ronnie - it feels a bit like you'll just have to be super-prepared, and then just go with the flow. Wow. Hope it goes really well and you enjoy it, F

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx