Tuesday, February 14, 2012

blush...

welll golly me!

yesterday Christi (at sweetpea path) dropped this my way....



Now I NEVER know what to do in in those rare moments someone passes a little bit of blog lovin' my way but I'm actually quite touched thanks sweetpea.... 

oh this is apparently the basic gist of the little Liebster (German for 'dearest' or 'beloved' or 'favourite' or so I'm told)

"In the spirit of fostering new connections, the idea of the Liebster Award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.  Just a few rules for the recipient which come with acceptance of the award:

Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
***
Copy & paste the award onto your blog.
***
Reveal your own five picks for the award & let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
***
Have faith that the love will spread..."

hmmmmmmmmmm oh boy!

Today it's Valentines Day in Oz - so it seems fitting to share some lurve around the bloggy universe...



so here goes

("and the liebster goes to....")

Feather and Nest Kim is a local gal (we went to the same high school - but at slightly different times) Kim has a serious nesting instinct! On her blog she likes to share delish pics of interiors (and exteriors) and talk about homseschooling (or unschooling) - we don't homeschool our kidlets but I fully respect those peeps who do (our kids best mates come from a monster sized family who are all homeschooled)

Gemma Black  - is a calligrapher of breathtaking ability and it was via calligraphy that we met (golly it's probably close to 2 decades ago now!) We have quite a different style and approach to the craft but I think I can safely say that at our core we share a passion for all things calligraphic - Gemma is also a wonderfully supportive gal (love you Gems!)

Helen Malone is new to blogging - which you'll realise when you swing by her spot - but she's an outstanding Australian book artist so I selfishly hope she's going to share a bit about her bookiness on her new blog as soon as she catches the blogging bug big time (and in following a theme - yes I met Helen in 'real life' many years before blogland)

Helen has recently signed up to be a card carrying member of BookArtObject - and it is via this amazing blog/group/book project/book artists gathering spot that I have met some of the loveliest folk anywhere on the planet (yep - my handing of this little liebster to group blog is my way of acknowledging every blogging person who I've met via that group... so here's to Sara, Amanda, Carol, Di, Abigail, Angela, Caren, Fiona, Anna.... and all the new comers to the group for edition four (there are mountains of them so I really need mountains and mountains of little liebsters to cover everyone)

yes I know - that's four not five little liebsters but that last liebster is a multi-liebster (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)


now whether or not you're into Valentines Day or blog awards or what not - I think every day is a good day to spread a little kindness and lurve around....







....


4 comments:

  1. Love and sweet nothings from you are ALWAYS welcome here! Lots of lovely good thoughts and wishes from me to you on Valentine's Day, and many thanks for including me on the BookArtObject liebster recipients!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love and kindness you've shown to a new bumbling blogger has been returned by way of a bloggie award too. Thank you for including me in your list - I am really honoured and I think of you most days when I check out and enjoy your blog. I do intend to share as much as I can on my blog, but often wonder where to start! Thanks ronnie for the encouragement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh aren't you lovely! Thanks so much, Ronnie. I love the title of that award, especially on Vanentine's Day. I will certainly be passsing it on. And thank you also for your lovely little envelope in the mail. It's special to have some of your gorgeous artworks in photo at my fingertips:)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx