Thursday, June 30, 2011

meetings...


 The last few days have been all meetings meetings meetings... 

Yesterday I was at Bermagui...



Arts Network meeting - special guests included Elizabeth Rogers (CEO Regional Arts NSW), Libby Christie (Australia Council Executive Director Arts Funding), Lindy Hume (Sydney Festival Director, chair South East Arts)..... 


Bermagui ('Bermy') is one town over from my hometown... it's a small fishing town with lovely small but very safe harbour. Now that the fishing industry has all but collapsed, and all this water and more is now part of the Batemans Marine Park, Bermy is a town in transition...

My great-grandparents lived in Bermy, this was my Nana T's home town... I think they'd all still recognise the place - it still has the feel of a sleepy coastal town (no nasty mansions on the waterfront.... yet.... )


Looking through the boats and water toward Gulaga I can sense my home at Sams Creek - it's there in the distance, to the left and at the base of the mother mountain....

I've always loved visiting the ocean and waterways in my glorious bit of the globe.... but to my core I'm a farm girl, a creek girl, a trees and forests girl... and the sights and smells and moods of the coastal towns (even when just a few minutes from home) are as unfamiliar to me as they are to the here-and-gone tourists....




....

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, peaceful place and the photographer's approach in total synch! You are becoming a master iPhone-photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a very good spot indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. fine pics--and a place to enjoy, even if not home. i go to the ocean for solace, to visit, but i, too love the interior places.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx