Saturday, July 3, 2010

reflections....

I had a spectacular four days down at monash uni gippsland - simply fab-ul-ous!

this is the fourth year I've headed south for the annual winter symposium - and it was by far the bestest trip yet - I had a marvelous (albeit looooooong) drive down in the super-duper subaru (I'm in love) - shared on-campus accommodation with a great bunch of gals (more love - especially for josephine-the-kitchen-queen woof woof what a cook!) - had a marvelous bunch of super-duper creative folk in my 'critique' group (I loves youse all! especially you neale!) - with not one, but two excellent arty leaders..... ros atkins and my supervisor susan purdy (super monster love here! these two ladies are SPECTACULAR artists - and I am feeling sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have susan as my supervisor I'm almost busting at the seams!) and if all that wasn't enough - on wednesday night monash wheeled in john wolseley as their guest speaker (bestill my beating heart! john has long been one of my art heroes - and he was simply the most charming and humble and delightful speakers imaginable).





(this is another of the works I showed during my turn for show and tell...... more to follow.....
I'm currently in recovery mode - and school hols have now started here at sams creek......
time to do all those things I've been promising my patient kidlins)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds just wonderful. Lucky you! Your photo of the books and reflection is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous time - much more positive experience than some in the past. I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love these photos and also the one of the book in water. The burning books make a beautiful banner.

    Thanks for your lovely comment about the piglets on my blog. Not sure if something has gone wrong with blogger, I've had an email to say its published but it hasn't appeared yet. Anyways, looks like the BAO group have more in common than a love of book art!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx