Friday, April 9, 2010

another infinite book...

Yesterday I completed a second 'infinite' book - bound from another world book encyclopaedia 1984 year book. This time it is bound as a simple circle - but as I was playing with it I found I liked the look of  it when displayed like this....




and in my mind was the simple idiom - 'what goes around comes around'....



as I was finishing this piece off I received a note in my inbox from my bloggy friend amanda - that she has passed on a bloggy 'happiness' award to myself and all the other book*art*object participants...

well and I must say I was a little stumped for a moment - but as I've come to realise over the past year, my bloggy and online friendships have brought me a big slice of happiness too... as I'm sure it has many folk who value friendships however they are formed and maintained.


righto now according to what amanda has posted I'm supposed to do something like this....


- Thank the person that awarded you this in the new post. (tick)

- Name 10 things that make me happy.

- Pass this award onto other bloggers and inform the winners


but of course I've never been one to follow rules and guidelines to the letter - so here's my reply

so many things make me happy - from the mundane (rain-on-the-roof) to the profound (the-miracle-of-life) - that I'm scared if I start listing them I'll never stop! In the end, everything I would list would point out one simple truth - it is my connection to family, friends and place that constantly brings me  joy. I'm a lucky person.


thanks amanda, your kindness has reminded me of this....


and to share the happiness around I'm sending this to julie and gemma - two wonderfully creative calligraphic friends who survived my arm twisting to co-author calligraffia and still remain on friendly terms!

and although this will sound terribly corny - I hope that the little bit of happiness I'm passing on from amanda continues on its infinite journey....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Ronnie, for many of us the seemingly small things are what make us happy.

    So your circle has gone eliptical, for the moment!

    Those long, snake-y things intrigue me, but I don't think I have the patience for it!I'll just enjoy having a drool here ;-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx