Thursday, June 25, 2009

ahhhh it's good to be home!

Only a few moments ago I stumbled through the door, weary from my return drive all the way from Morwell today (6.5 hrs drive.... through what at times feels like the wilderness....)

this is what much of the trip looks like (only not with such a lovely straight road...)



most of the time the view was a bit more like this.....


(yes in case you were wondering - I WAS taking pics whilst driving - slap my wrist I'm a naughty girlie!)


I've been down at the Gippland campus of Monash University attending the grandly named 'winter symposium' - this year is my last trip (wheeeeeeee!) as part of the MVA I've been completing part time with Monash over the past 2.5 years so I was primed to to catch up with fellow students, check out what they are all up to and hopefully to give a solid presentation of my work and ideas ..... There were some truely inspiring stuff - and I should follow up and drop a few links to folks work.... maybe when I'm not so stuffed!

here's a little itty bitty glimpse of SOME of the bits I lugged down...





most of my stuff I presented in a digital format however....



ahhhhhh I'm so relieved to have that finished with - I still have a further 6 months of studio work to complete (and of course the fun of assessment) before I'm done with the MVA... but I feel like the hardest part is now over. I'll see this place again in November...







Oh BTW - this is what the drive in to the uni from nearby Morwell looked like each morning.... yummy soupy fog... (I was NOT driving whilst taking this pic!)




makes you feels toasty and warm doesn't it.... (have I mentioned already how pleased I am to be home?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx